Saturday 17 September 2011

Saturday Stuff

Ok, so been a bit lax again on the whole blogging front. I apologise! Theres just been so much going on recently that something had to give. Works been a nightmare! Thats the pleasure of working in a College Registry department at the start of the academic year!

Anyways, in a bid to combat all that stress headedness, we took a little trip to Hastings today, where they had the Seafood and Wine Festival, and had a little family time. Was nice, but we kind of got 'very' rained on. I ate a very yummy chocolate pot mousse, which made up for all that was wrong with the world.

Also took a bit of time to mooch around Hastings Old Town, with all its cool antiques and home shops. I (somehow) managed to spend some money, which is unheard of, obviously!

I picked up a funky teal bracelet, a turquoise colour necklace and a selection of vintage/second hand buttons.


These are my favourite.......


You know just how much I LOVE buttons. And after purchasing my quota for the month in one day, it was a nice surprise to find a little package on the doorstep when I got home. Yes, it was the 'I forgot I bought these' retro style buttons, I ordered off Ebay a couple of days ago. Wonderful!


I also realised today that last Sunday marked the anniversary of my first ever Blog Post! A whole year of blogging life......wow! I feel this needs marking in some small way, so I've decided to have a little giveaway. Whilst in Hastings I've picked a couple of cute bits and pieces, and am going to add in a few extra things, and give them away to one lucky person.

Keep your eyes peeled as i'll be announcing more over the next couple of days........

Happy Saturday All....x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - we're going to the Hastings festival tomorrow. Today there was a French street market here in Bexhill so we went to that - it was rather pathetic - and yes we got rained on too.

    I am also going to do a bit of treasure hunting in Hastings Old town tomorrow - usually turns up something nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun today, looks like you'll have much better weather today, its beautiful out there already! Lots and lots of lovely food to be had, yum!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete